Warning: Marin County Federal Credit Union will never request you to send personal information via email or telephone text messages. If you encounter a suspicious email, website or text that states it is from Marin County Federal CU, do not respond to it. Please contact Marin County Federal CU to report the suspicious activity.
To Improve Your Online Safety:
- Use a current web browser.
- Avoid downloading programs from unknown sources.
- Do not use your Social Security number as a username or password.
- Protect your online passwords. Do not write them down or share them with anyone.
- Protect your answers to security questions. Select questions and provide answers that are easy for you to remember, but hard for anyone else to guess. Do not write down your security questions or answers or share them with anyone. If you have selected security questions on other websites, avoid using the same questions to protect your Marin County Federal online account. Please note that we will never ask you to provide answers to your security questions via email or text message.
- Use secure websites for transactions and shopping. Shop with merchants you know and trust. Make sure internet purchases are secured with encryption to protect your account information. Look for “secure transaction” symbols like a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window, or “https://” in the address bar of the website. The “s” indicates “secured” and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from any website after making a purchase with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, shut down your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
- Close your browser when you are not using the internet.